Stat Counter

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

To gift or not to gift

There is a debate amongst my artist friends as to whether to gift friends and family with paintings we've done.  I know one artist who has given each of her children one painting that they picked out themselves.  Any others they had to pay for and she never gave any of her paintings as gifts to friends or other family members.  When asked why she said there were too many times in the past that she gave paintings to friends or family that were never hung or she felt they hung them only out of kindness to her.  One artist lamented that a gift she had given someone ended up being hung behind the door in that person's bathroom.  I don't know what the answer is other than I give from my heart with hopefully no expectation as to what happens to it after it leaves my hands.  I just noticed I said "hopefully."  Interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment