Stat Counter

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Early Snow




Early Snow 
watercolor 11x15

I did this painting last week during our church service and have donated it to be auctioned silently.  It was a unique experience painting during the service and I blogged about this earlier. I had one hour to paint and since I paint both watercolors  and oils with my easel totally upright, people in the church could watch what I was doing.   Before I started I was very nervous but as soon as I put my brush in the water a calmness came over me and the hour flew by.  Amy, the artist next to me shared that she had the same experience.  Maybe we've discovered the perfect solution to "artist block" - paint in church.

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite paintings yet. Great use of depth and interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been trying to figure out how to get away with painting in church. Maybe I should just set up an easel and give it a go! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete