Stat Counter

Friday, December 18, 2009

Starting a Painting and Ruining It - All in One Day


Start of Pike Market Fish Monger

This is brave of me to post a photo of a beginning of a painting.  What if this doesn't turn out?   If I didn't post this "painting start"  no one would be the wiser.  I could scape it off and start another painting but then I wouldn't be honest and this wouldn't really be my journal.  It would only be postings of what I thought were successful paintings.  To be truthful I need to post the good and the bad.  So I begin and whether this turns out or not, I will have learned something in the process so nothing is really lost.

I just discovered that oil paint does eventually clean off from the surface of my MacBook.  While painting I get into a "zone" and lose all awareness of what's around me.  That's helpful unless you have just put your whole hand into the wet paints on your palette and proceeded to get the paint on everything BUT the painting.  My laptop - my clothes - my painting table - the floor - you name it and it was covered in paint.  Grrrrrrhhhhhh.  Thank you Winsor Newton for Barrier Cream.  It helped my hands clean up.  I wish they'd make a protective barrier cream for my computer equipment.

By the time I cleaned up my mess I no longer had an interest in finishing the fish monger painting.  I'll set it aside and maybe come back to it another time.  I don't think I want to capture the energy I'm feeling right now.  I need to get out for a walk.

1 comment:

  1. I am excited to watch the painting unfold. I'm sure it will turn out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete