Stat Counter

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Unearthing old paintings

I can't even think about painting today until I clean out my studio.  I walked in there this morning and my first thought was someone had come in an ransacked the place.  I'm one to joke about not being skilled in the art of cleaning but even I have my limits.  I started with the closet taking out literally piles and piles of paintings - most of them watercolors.  I used to throw out my "oh no - did I do that" paintings but found that my husband got to them before the trash collectors did and back in the house they came.  So, I just started saving them thinking some day I'll go back and "fix" them.  I haven't and probably won't but in the meantime they are piling up in my studio closet.  My goal is to take everything out and have my husband put in more shelves.  I don't know why dividing my things up onto different shelves will stay any more organized that what I have now.

If you're interested here are some of my earlier works.  I have hundred's of them. (click to enlarge)


No comments:

Post a Comment