Stat Counter

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Painting Utah



Under Construction
oil on panel 12x16

How can one live in Utah and not at least occasionally paint the beautiful rock formations that are all around.  Before seeing Utah for the first time I thought every thing would look like Arches National Park.  I was so wrong.  Arches, Canyonlands, Zion Nat'l Park, Bryce Canyon etc all are distinctly different and each beautiful.  One could spend their whole life painting the Utah deserts and canyons and not run out of material.  This is the initial stages of a painting I am doing from photos I took on a cloudy day in Zion National Park.  The same scene after a rain or in the sun would be totally different.


I spent most of the day replacing windshields on two of our cars but did get a little painting time in before breaking for dinner.  I can paint until I drop but need to fit a little family time in so this is probably it for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment