Stat Counter

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Warm weather

Warm weather comes with a price, especially if you are in the desert.  Some of you know I am deathly afraid of spiders.  We had more than our share in Portland and in Utah I've only seen two kinds.  The problem is one of those is the hobo spider.  Not exactly one to put out my fears.  Bob and I have been toying with the thought of some day actually retiring to some place warm and spending summers in a more moderate or cooler climate so we headed off to Arizona to check it out.  Below is the first thing I saw in Arizona as we stepped out of the car to stretch.  I don't know if it was real or not.  I didn't want to get close enough to it to find out but the people I've met here in Arizona say it is VERY possible.  Does red and yellow mean poisonous?  I'm trying to convince myself it wasn't real but that the "locals" think it very well could be is NOT comforting at all!

1 comment:

  1. Look Just like the one I used to hide in the house for you to find. lol

    ReplyDelete