Stat Counter

Thursday, September 6, 2018

Going to the Dogs!

Someone recently asked me if I ever painted dogs.  Actually I have painted a few and posted those early ones early on in my blog.  Their question got me to asking why I hadn't painted any dogs recently and I had no good answer so set out to change that.  Since I started out as a watercolor artist, I got out my watercolor palette, dusted it off (well not actually) and looked through my reference files for dog photos since our dog long since passed.  The more I painted, the more I enjoyed it.  I even threw in one painting of my grand kitten, Scooter, done with oil.   Gosh they were sure fun to do and I realized that I've always said I love to paint anything with a face and yes, dogs have faces.  Now if I could only enjoy blogging as much as I do painting, maybe I would blog more often.  One can hope.









3 comments:

  1. Beautiful art. Thank you for sharing this with the world. Water colors of the dogs are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw what you painted for Eldon Wold on Facebook. Eldoni my husband's cousin. We live in Chicago, IL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Correction/Addendum
    Eldon is my husband's cousin.

    ReplyDelete