Stat Counter

Saturday, July 3, 2021

Addicted to painting

 Taking time to paint almost every day helps me find my center.  My personality type is one who has a tendency to flit from one thing to another, never quite finishing one project that is until I discovered painting.

I am basically self taught although in my later years I have taken a few workshops or watched a few (ok more than a few) instructional videos.  I started painting in my 50's and I'm trying to make up for lost time by making the time to paint, at least a little bit, each day.

This summer my goal is to paint more quickly and with more color.  Since watercolors are so portable, I have a tendency to take them with me whenever I travel.

These paintings are all matted to fit into an 11x14 frame.  I might use them as studies for larger paintings, offer them for sale or just pile them under my bed along with the others I've done in the past

My granddog, "Freckles" when he was a pup.





(I've painted this pup with pastels before. This is the first with watercolor.)



.  I paint because I am addicted to it.  When I'm not painting, I'm thinking about painting, looking at other's paintings or buying more art supplies.  Those of you who know me, know that last statement is very true.
Freckles (my granddog)


No comments:

Post a Comment