Stat Counter

Thursday, July 2, 2020

Getting inspired during covid

I don't know about you but sometimes it feels as if a dark blanket is slowly being pulled up and over me.   As so many others have, I just completed 16 weeks of staying at home.  Fortunately, I love spending time with my husband and am also blessed with a pretty even mood.  Any depressive moods over my life have usually been situational and short lived.  In spite of a cherry nature, I've been finding it more and more difficult to get inspired to paint.  I usually love painting every day but lately I've found myself spending time scrolling through friends Facebook posts or watching numerous news channels or reading numerous newspapers online.  I know it is bad when I have more newspaper subscriptions than subscriptions to art magazines.

To help "prime my creative pump" I pulled out a number of olde paintings from beneath my bed and have started reworking them.  This has been a god send.  Here are just a few of my tweaked paintings.






No comments:

Post a Comment