Stat Counter

Saturday, September 7, 2019

Keeping Busy

I'd love to dedicate a different room in my house to each medium I'm working in.  One would be my pastel studio.  One room would be dedicated to watercolor paints.  Another would be for my oils and all the supplies that go with it etc etc.  It sure would make life a bit easier than trying to do everything in one room.  I'm lucky to have a large L-shaped desk but rarely get to see the top of it.  I know the easy solution would be to only use one medium, two at the most but then which do I give up?

I've been commissioned to paint this sweet dog in the colorful, whimsical style that I've been doing but who can resist the chance to "practice" with my pan pastels first.



These are just a few of the paintings I've recently done. I am especially having fun with the colorful dogs which I've painted with watercolor onto  cradled, gessoed wood panels.  Often the varnishing process takes me as long to do as the painting has.







No comments:

Post a Comment