Stat Counter

Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Painting with my non-dominant hand

I am a person who talks with her hands and having to keep one arm immobile is a real challenge. Today marks 3 1/2 weeks of being in a sling and I tell you it feels like three years!!!  I have been fortunate though to have taken my watercolors and acrylics on this extended vacation with me.  I have not attempted to paint with acrylics yet but my watercolors have been quite the experience.

I found that I am very wobbly with my brush unless I place a few fingers on the paper to help stabilize my hand.  I started with flowers, moved on to dogs and finally decided to attempt a face.  since I didn't have a model, I painted out of my imagination.  Not great but surely not bad.



I have a way to go until my broken arm heals enough to where I can use it again so in the meanwhile I continue to paint with my left hand.  Here are a few commissioned "other hand" pieces. 





1 comment:

  1. Dear Sue Nuhn, My name is Pilar. I'm member of the Palo Verde artist I saw you paintings and I love them!! I took some classes from different people at the Club Ruth, Mariom, Bruce Cody but even do all the classes were very good and I learn some I'm looking for someone to tutor me in portraits. please contact me at your earliest convenience. i'd love to meet you and talk to you. Would you please call me. My number is 602-368-4381. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete