Stat Counter

Friday, November 23, 2018

Andy and Lola

As you saw in my last post, I was commissioned to paint Andy, a Nubian goat.  Actually I was asked to paint her "grand kid" who turned out to be a goat.  What fun that was.  When doing commissions, I ask for numerous reference photos and stories about the person or animal.  This helps me get a sense of the personalities and help make them more real to me.   I discovered that Andy had a girlfriend, Lola.  As soon as I saw the photo of Andy and Lola, I knew I wanted to paint this adorable couple.

These two are among hundreds of other farm animals that have been rescued and are now living in a Farm Sanctuary on the East Coast.

I've donated this painting to that Sanctuary and wonder what Andy and Lola think of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment