Stat Counter

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Lake O'Hara

There is a pristine lake hidden on the back side of Lake Louise in the Canadian Rockies.  A number of years ago a good friend invited me to travel with her through the northern Rocky Mountains into Canada and back to Oregon.  We were on the road just shy of a month and that trip was amazing.  Although I had heard of John Singer Sargent, I was not familiar with much of his work.  I know!  I missed out big time.  Little did I realize the history behind where we stayed.   We were fortunate to stay in a ranger's cabin right at the very spot that Sargent painted many years before.


"Sargent's Point"
20x16 oil on board

1 comment:

  1. This might be one of my favorite paintings you have done. I am so impressed with how far you have come with your painting and artistic skills.

    ReplyDelete